Use to break one imp statue seal
Stonesword Key is a Key Item and a Keepsake in Elden Ring. Stonesword Key can be used to break one imp statue seal. Key Items in Elden Ring include a wide variety of items found in specific locations or are given by a related NPCs which are used to unlock areas, quests, and to further progress the game's story.
A sword-shaped stone key.
Breaks the seal on imp statues, but remains embedded in the statue after use, meaning it can only be used once as an item.
Think well before using one.
Where to find Stonesword Key in Elden Ring
Where to purchase:
- It can be purchased from the Isolated Merchant for 2000 Runes. He can be found in his shack at the very west of the Weeping Peninsula. Map Link.
- Can be bought from the Nomadic Merchant at the eastern side of Weeping Peninsula, for 2000 Runes. Map Link.
- Can be purchased from the Nomadic Merchant in Mt. Gelmir for 5000 Runes. Map Link.
- Can be purchased from Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold for 4,000 Runes.
- Can be purchased from the Nomadic Merchant in south Caelid for 4,000 Runes. Map Link.
- Sold by Patches at Murkwater Cave after he sets up shop
- Can be purchased from the Nomadic Merchant in Siofra River for 2000 Runes. Map Link.
Where to Find:
- A Stonesword Key is held by a corpse at Dragon-Burnt Ruins, next to the main arc, in a room with a giant Rat. Map Link.
- A Stonesword Key can be found on the Bridge of Sacrifice. It is on the ground next to a wooden barricade at the southern end of the bridge. [Map Link]
- Castle Morne: From the "Behind the Castle" Site of Grace, walk down towards the west back onto a section of the castle and look to the left to find a wooden platform. The key is found on a corpse hanging from this platform. [Map Link]
- A Stonesword Key can be found in the north east of the Weeping Peninsula on a body sitting in a chair. [Map Link]
- A Stonesword Key can be found at Stormhill Shack right next to the Site of Grace. Map Link
- A Stonesword Key can be found on a corpse inside a building section with a broken roof, accessible from the top of the Rampart Tower in Stormveil Castle. [Map Link]
- Academy Crystal Cave: Head to the left to where the Sages are, and enter the next room. You will find it inside a cage. Map Link.
- Can be found by climbing across a ruin next to the Hallowed Grounds in Siofra River. A gust of wind can be found at the edge of the cliff closest to the ruin, boosting you up to the top. Map Link.
- Can be found by climbing across the support beams and pillars of a ruined wall in the Siofra River. Map Link.
- Found on a corpse laying by a ledge overlooking the ruined temple in Nokron, Eternal City with the deer carcass. This ledge is a level lower than the cliff with the spirit jellyfish. Map Link.
- Found on a corpse under a burnt tree near the cliffs north of Fort Laiedd in Mt. Gelmir. Map Link.
- Looted on a fountain, center of Raya Lucaria Academy's courtyard. Map Link.
- Found on a corpse next to a Giant Poison Flower in northern Uhl Palace Ruins. Map Link
- Found on a corpse laying on a ledge overlooking the waters of Nokstella, Eternal City. Map Link
- Found in Raya Lucaria through an Illusory Wall just before the Site of Grace at Debate Parlor. Map Link
- Found at the end of the higher ground of the third secret area of the Sealed Tunnel. Map Link
- Can be found in a same hidden underground room with a mini-boss that drop Golden Seed, this hidden area can be access by an open window right above Imp Statue fog door that give Iron Whetblade, which can be access from rooftop area near a bomb eagle.
- One can be found on a platform over a messhall with Grafted Scion mini-boss.
Elden Ring Stonesword Key Use
Stoneword Keys can be used to open Imp Statues which contain loot. Stonesword Keys are consumed upon use
Here is a complete list of all Imp Statues that can be opened with Stonesword Keys
- Fringefolk Hero's Grave: To access it you need two Stonesword Keys. It can be found near the Stranded Graveyard Site of Grace.
There is a pool full of poison. Run forward and at the end turn right to the stone platform. From there, keep going but you will see a giant mechanical monstrosity coming at you, hide behind the columns on the side to prevent being trampled. In order to get down, use the small rooms or cubbies to advance surely but slowly, notice that there are enemies there. Once you reach the bottom, there's a statue Marika to make things easier while descending, because many enemies will spawn. Once you reach th end. you will enter a boss fight with a Ulcerated Tree Spirit. Defeat it to obtain a Golden Seed and a Banished Knight Oleg. There is a hidden location if you jump down at the beginning of the bridge, there the Erdtree's Favor Talisman can be found. A Stoneword Key can also be found, effectively thus costing you only a single key to access this area.
- Tombsward Catacbombs requires a Stonesword key to access, players can find a Nomadic Warrior's Cookbook  past the seal.
- Academy Crystal Cave: In order to access it, you need to use a a Stonesword Key.
- Used to unlock an underground cavern within Summonwater Village that houses the Green Turtle Talisman.
- Can be used to open two locked doors at the Roundtable Hold, the first door will require one Key to open, and the second door behind the first requires two keys to open (You'll need 3 keys in total). You'll find the Assassin's Prayerbook behind the second gate.
- In a cellar room accessible from the main courtyard. Allows access to two treasure chests with Godskin Prayerbook and Godslayer's Seal, as well as a shortcut to the castle gate area.
- A short distance east of the Rampart Tower site of grace. An Iron Whetblade, a Miséricorde and a Hawk Crest Wooden Shield can be found in a room with two axe-wielding enemies.
- Used to unlock a room in Night's Sacred Ground that houses the Mimic Tear Ashes.
- Used to unlock a room in Nokstella, Eternal City that houses the Nightmaiden & Swordstress Puppets.
Elden Ring Stonesword Key Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 99 Stonesword Key.
- You can store up to 600 Stonesword Key.
- You can select Stonesword Key as Keepsake during Character Creation.
- Notes & Tips go here.